I started the preparation for a novel and wondered what kind of things I should ask my most important characters. So I looked around on the net and put this list together.
1. What is your full name?
2. Date and place of birth?
3. Tell me about your parents?
4. Brothers? Sisters?
5. Where/how do you live? (alone or with someone; in what kind of home?)
6. Do you have a job? If yes what is it?
7. How do you look? Hair, eye and skin color, height, weight, any marks, style of dress.
8. Do you have any allergies, mental illnesses, psychical weaknesses?
9. Are you left or right handed?
10. Do you have any tics, certain habbits or other things like that?
11. What do you usually carry in your pockets?
12. Describe your childhood
13. Did you like going to school?
14. Where did you learn most of the things you know?
15. Who did you look up to when you were younger?
16. Did you like your family? Why/why not?
17. What was your dream job?
18. What kind of child were you?
19. What’s the most important thing you did in your life?
20. Have you ever had any romantic relationships? And if they ended, why did you break up?
21. Do you have a relationship now?
22. What is your greatest regret?
23. What is the worst thing you ever did?
24. What are you scared of?
25. Best memory? And worst?
26. What are your religious views?
27. Would you kill anyone? If yes, why?
28. Would you die for anyone?
29. Do you make friends quickly?
30. How would you describe your manners?
31. Turn ons?
32. Turn offs?
33. Are you close to your family? Why/why not?
34. If you desperately need help, who do you turn to?
35. Your hobbies?
36. Your most treasured possession?
37. Favorite color and food?
38. Favorite book/genre?
39. Do you smoke/drink/do drugs? And if so, why?
40. What is your favorite way of spending a Saturday?
41. How do you deal with stress?
42. Favorite joke?
43. How do you react if someone disturbs your routine?
44. Do you like yourself?
45. Introvert or extrovert?
46. What are you good at?
47. And what are you not good at?
48. What words describe you?
49. what is your weakness?
50. What would you want to add that you feel is important?