Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A Wonderful Poem - Thanks Pat Reynolds

Who Am I ?
Who am I? Who am I to want you? To want you to be my Friend.
Who am I to take your hand and lead you along the sand .
To hear the ocean’s voice speak softly to the gulls,
To treasure the touch of sea shells under my bare feet,
To take your hand and let it go. Who am I?
I am hiding in the moonlight sheltered by the shadows of the dark;
Waiting in the moonlight for the call of dawn,
to share the dreams of midnight as the sun lifts clouds of mystery , and yawns.
Who am I? The lilt of muffled laughter heard on park wind across the lake, and
nests of birds and buttercups.
Who am I who calls to you, impatient for the answer that eases the struggle of
my soul and my heart’s longing,
Surprised by sound so loud and sincere.
Who am I? Who am I?
I am the lover who passed you by one day then turned and offered you my
friendship.
Who lured you to my dark side - and promised to stay.
I am the one who loves you
and regards your friendship above all other loves I have known.
I am the one who knows you as the stars know the moon.
I am she who loves you but must leave you too soon.
Remember me always, the footsteps in the sand ;
Remember me always, the way I held your hand…
Remember how I loved you. Forever and forever.

1 comment: